England Recipes: Sticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky Toffee Pudding
For the sauce
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 175g/6oz Sugar
- 225g/8oz Self Raising Flour
- 1 teasp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 175g/6oz Dates, chopped
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Boiling Water
- 1 teasp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1teasp Vanilla Extract
- 75g/3oz Butter
- 150g/5oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
1. Place the dates, vanilla and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Mix well and leave to stand until the dates have absorbed most of the water.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease an 18cm/7inch cake tin.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light & fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs then fold in the flour and mix well.
4. Add the date mixture to the creamed mixture and beat all the ingredients together until well blended.
5. Pour into the greased cake tin and bake for 40 minutes
6. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, make the sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and cream, stirring constantly, and cook for about 3 minutes.
7. To serve - pour sauce over finished pudding and serve immediately.
» England Recipes