England Recipes: Salmon and Cucumber Mousse
Salmon and Cucumber Mousse
- 275g/10oz Cooked Salmon, skinned and boned
- 1/4 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 teasp Powdered Gelatine
- 3 tbsp Dry White Wine
- The grated zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and White Pepper
- 1 Egg White
- Cucumber slices, to garnish
1. Place the salmon, cucumber, mayonnaise and spring onion in food processor and process until smooth.
2. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the lemon rind, juice and seasoning. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle gelatine over wine in a heatproof bowl, mix well then set the bowl over a pan of very hot water and stir until dissolved.
4. Stir the gelatine into the salmon mixture in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Blend well and set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until fairly stiff, then gently fold into salmon mixture.
6. Turn into a lightly oiled 600ml/20fl.oz. mould. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
7. To serve - turn the mousse out onto a large serving platter and garnish with very thin cucumber slices. Serve chilled.
» England Recipes