England Recipes: Lambs Liver Pate
Lambs Liver Pate
- 225g/8oz Streaky Bacon, derinded and stretched
- 225g/8oz Lambs Liver, finely minced
- 450g/1lb minced Lamb, (preferably not too lean)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 teasp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teasp Dried Sage
- 1/2 teasp Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Dry Cider
- 50g/2oz Melted Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line the base and sides of a terrine or small loaf tin with the bacon rashers. Set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix, using your hands, to combine thoroughly.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared terrine, pressing it down firmly to remove any air pockets.
4. Cover with aluminium foil and place in a roasting dish filled with about 5cm/2 inches of hot water. Bake in the oven for 1-1/2 hours.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and place a weight on top of the foil. Allow to cool at room temperature.
6. Once cold, refrigerate for 6 hours before turning out.
» England Recipes