England Recipes: Jubilee Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- White Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Dry White Wine
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 teasp English Mustard
- 2 teasp freshly chopped Tarragon
- A few Tarragon leaves to ga
- 1 tbsp Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 4. Season the flour with freshly ground white pepper and lightly coat each chicken breast in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole, add the coated chicken and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
3. Return the casserole to the heat adding a little water and scrape up any residue from the base.
4. Add the onion, cover and cook until the onion begins to soften.
5. Add the wine and stock and boil for 1-2 minutes to reduce slightly.
6. Add the mustard, tarragon and cream and mix well then add the chicken breasts and bring to a simmer. Cover and and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
7. To serve - either serve hot immediately, or set the casserole aside and allow to get completely cold then transfer the breasts to a serving platter, spoon the sauce over the chicken and garnish with fresh tarragon leaves.
» England Recipes